about birthing stone
Having a baby takes a community (or an awesome doula team)
I didn’t know what to expect when I had a baby.
I didn’t have family around to help me, and I underestimated the changes that would come with having a baby - Me, my identity, my relationship, my body... Even simple tasks like getting the laundry folded seemed overwhelming with this new tiny person to care for.
I learned that getting the support you need, or just having someone to lighten your load when you need a nap is priceless.
I also learned that for many new parents, it’s not the reality. In fact, my first experience probably mirrors your own.
Maybe you can relate to…
- Feeling overwhelmed with all the prep (nursery planning, learning to care for an infant…)
- Feeling worried about the endless decisions (Should I breastfeed or bottle feed? What sleep method should we use? Should I give birth at home or in the hospital?)
- Feeling anxious about labor and delivery (What if I need a C-Section? What pain management options will be available to me? Or maybe you’re wondering, What the $%@! Is labor going to be like?)
And the list probably goes on from there.
Working through these decisions on your own is a lot to handle! But, the good news is, you don’t need to go it alone.
In fact, that’s why I started Birthing Stone in the first place.
My experience was different after giving birth to my youngest son. I was lucky to experience amazing support and community throughout my pregnancy and afterward. I felt it was my mission to bring that same level of support to others.
I wanted new parents to enjoy their journey to parenthood, not feel stressed out or overwhelmed.
That’s when Birthing Stone was born.
What began as a solo doula practice has grown to an agency. I’m an internationally trained and certified doula and I’m sleep training certified through Mommywise. Likewise, all of our doulas are similarly trained. This is a career for all of us not a hobby.
Working with us is like having a trusted friend in your corner. You know - the one you can always count on to be there for you, and never judge you, no matter what.
We also come with zero agenda - something that a lot of our new parents are relieved to learn.
We’re not going to sugarcoat the obvious - We know becoming a parent is hard, but we’ll help you through it. Whether that means nurturing you, helping you take charge of your own birth plan, or lending an ear when you need to get something off your chest.
One of the best compliments I receive from parents is that we helped relieve their stress. That’s what we can do for you.
“Tiffany and her team are amazing. Tiffany is a great communicator, and I trust her and her team with our newest little one. They are so professional, calm, and knowledgeable about babies. Thank you for all of your overnight and postpartum support. We were able to get more sleep, have a baby with better sleep habits, and enjoy our baby more. They are worth every penny. Only regret? Not having their services when we had our first.” -Chris
Your pregnancy should be a memorable experience, not just something you get through.
Birthing Stone supports our doulas too...
Our doulas receive the same care as the families we work with. We give them a trusted place to work, living wages, and lots of support. That also means we get the very best doulas on our teams.
We care about all new parents
Here are some community organizations we’re proud to support this year:
- PDX Diaper Bank: collecting and dispersing diapers to over 150K families in need in the Portland area
- Baby Blues Connection: Peer to peer support for families adjusting to having a baby. Hint: it's not always easy, and that's normal and ok!
- Black Parent Initiative: Did you know that African-Americans face the highest rates of infant and maternal mortality rates- despite socioeconomic factors? BPI is helping counteract this with culturally specific programs.
If you’re ready to find out more about working with a doula team who is incredibly supportive and down to earth check out more information about our birth & postpartum services, or sleep training support.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions- we love connecting with expecting and new parents.